Constipation is a condition in which the body has abnormal bowel movements. Resulting in difficulty in defecating. Stool is large, hard, dry, and requires a lot of force to break. Therefore, people who suffer from constipation may have questions about what to eat if they are constipated to help them pass the bowel more easily. Food that is suitable for people with constipation should be rich in dietary fiber and a variety of nutrients, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains. You should also drink more water. To help with the functioning of the digestive system and excretion. In addition, exercise regularly. It may help stimulate the digestive system. The movement of feces in the intestines and makes the body healthy.
What causes constipation?
Constipation usually occurs when waste in the digestive system moves too slowly. or unable to completely excrete Causes digested food to remain in the intestines for too long. Resulting in bloating, little stool, hard and dry stool, difficult to excrete, requiring a lot of force to break. Feeling like you can’t pass all your bowels. Which constipation can occur for many reasons as follows: โปรโมชั่น ufabet
- Insufficient fiber and water intake is defined as consuming less than 22 grams of dietary fiber/day and drinking less than 2.7 liters of water/day.
- Changing eating habits Routine environments and activities, such as defecating outside the home Eat food you’ve never eaten
- Some people have digestive problems. Drinking too much milk or consuming dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, and cream can cause constipation. This is because products that are high in lactose can cause gas in the stomach, bloating, and also affect intestinal function.
- stress or pressure It may cause the intestines to temporarily stop contracting. This results in anorexia and can lead to constipation.
- Using too many laxatives until the body gets used to it When the drug is stopped, the body may not be able to excrete naturally.
- Health conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, pregnancy, colon cancer, Parkinson’s disease multiple sclerosis hypothyroidism May affect the digestive system Intestinal peristalsis and bowel movement
- Taking certain medicines , such as certain antacids, cancer medicines, antidepressants, and iron medicines, can cause too much calcium or aluminum in the blood. As a result, the body cannot absorb nutrients well, causing constipation.
Food to cure “constipation”
Constipation can be related to diet, so eating the following foods may help relieve constipation.
- dietary fiber
Children aged 4-18 years should get 18-28 grams of fiber per day and adults should get 22-38 grams of fiber per day from a variety of food sources to ensure adequate fiber intake. Helps to transport food in the digestive system. Increases stool mass and helps with bowel movement. The dietary fiber sources that should be eaten may include the following:
- Whole grains such as whole wheat bread, brown rice, riceberry, oats, chia seeds , quinoa, sunflower seeds.
- Legumes such as lentils, black beans, soybeans, peanuts, mung beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, almonds
- Fruits such as berries, unpeeled apples, oranges, pears, kiwis, prunes, figs.
- Vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, green peas, cabbage, lentils, kale, Chinese cabbage.
How to solve stomach problems permanently
In addition to eating regularly as recommended above, There are also a few tips that will help you avoid having to suffer from constipation for the rest of your life as follows:
- drink more water
You should drink more water and other liquids such as unsweetened fruit and vegetable juices, tea, and soup. Women should drink approximately 2.7 liters of water/day and men should drink approximately 3.7 liters/day, depending on sweat loss. and intensity of activity in each person If you sweat a lot, you may drink an additional 200-300 ml of water to replace the water lost. Drinking enough water may help dietary fiber work better. It also helps to make the stool softer and easier to pass.
Exercise can help increase peristalsis and bowel movements. This has a positive effect on the transport of waste in the digestive system. Therefore, you should exercise at a moderate intensity, such as aerobics, brisk walking, dancing, for about 150 minutes/week or 30 minutes a day, 5 days/week, to help increase bowel movement. It also improves your health.
- Foods that people with constipation should avoid
When constipated, avoid eating foods that have little or no fiber, such as potato chips, fast food, meat, frozen food, prepared foods. Various processed foods. In addition, you should avoid drinking cow’s milk. or products that are high in lactose such as yogurt, cream, and cheese due to drinking cow’s milk and consuming products that are high in lactose. May affect the digestive system bowel function It also causes gas in the stomach and bloating, which can lead to constipation.